1 Box Green Rebel Chick’n Satay Taichan
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
1000 ml Water
200 ml Coconut Cream
100 gr Cabbage Leaves, cut into smaller pieces
2 Large Tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 Stalk Lemongrass, smashed
2 Bay Leaves
2 Kaffir Lime Leaves, tear edges of leaves to release flavor
5 Tbsp Kecap Manis
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Sugar
Crispy Fried Shallots / Bawang Goreng
1 Stalk Green Onion, chopped
7 cloves garlic
1 thumb-size ginger
1/2 thumb-size turmeric
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp galangal powder
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1. Place shallots, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and some oil in a food processor and process into a paste. Add the rest of the powdered ingredients and just stir into the mix.
2. Remove Chick’n Satay from packaging and deconstruct the Chick’n pieces.
3. Preheat oil in a pot. Add the spice paste mixture and sautee for about 3 minutes. Add the herbs and saute until fragrant. Add Chick’n Satay pieces, cabbage leaves, seasonings, and water. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to let simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Next, add tomato pieces and stir in coconut cream. Make sure the heat is on low. Cook until the tomato is soft but not mushy. Do not boil the coconut cream. Add soy sauce to taste.
5. Garnish tongseng soup with bawang goreng and green onions. Serve with rice. Enjoy!